Summer Photo Assistant/Social Media Intern (Darden cReative & Find Your Light)
Darden Creative is looking for an energetic, highly motivated lady to join the team this Summer. With warmer weather comes more clients and we (as in me, Tamera) is looking for help to keep everything organized and happy for our clients. I'm looking for someone who is a self starter, open to learn new skills, while still being a problem solver.
The Darden Creative Photo Assistant/Social Media Intern is responsible for assisting the Creative Director with photo shoot prep and day of assistance & prep and implementation across select social media channels. Photo Assistant: In this role, the person will assist Creative Director with photo shoot prep including prop shopping and packing for day of photo shoot. On set, individual will provide assistance to Creative Director to ensure a smooth & organized set for client to include but not limited to, organizing props, assist creative director with lighting (when necessary), and assist in clean up & break down. Photo Assistant will also have access to client management tool to follow project process.
Social Media: In this role, person will be responsible for creating and curating content for Instagram with direction from Creative Director. Individual will also review analytics to present suggestions and callouts for strategy adjustments where necessary. In this role, she will also be in charge of handling community management and engagement on Instagram.
- Assist Creative Director in Photo Shoot Prep, i.e. prop shopping
- Assist Creative Director on set during shoot day
- Create social media posts for Find Your Light on Instagram
- Curate engaging content for Instagram platform.
- Assist our Creative Director in weekly Instagram strategy and implementation.
- Manage community building & engagement on Find Your Light Instagram, including but not limited to, responding to comments, questions & DMs.
- Assist with scheduling and creating newsletters & email blasts for Find Your Light.
- Organized & Responsive. Communication is one of the important pillars of the time.
- Some knowledge and experience with main social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest
- Exceptional Writing Skills
- Keen Attention to Detail
- A great eye for photography, design & style
- *** Not imperative but has some photography experience and owns a DSLR camera*** again not a deal breaker!
- The ability to engage & build community through social media while staying on brand.
- Self-motivated & self starter: it's so important to stay on track and accomplish tasks. Creative Director will give access to client management tool to keep track of upcoming tasks & to-dos.
- Knowledge of MAC/Photoshop/Word
- Has access to a car (limited travel)
- Understands the importance of under-promise, over-deliver
- Most importantly, must be fun and all-around genuinely good person
Things to Note:
- Start date is June 1st
- Must still be in college/can accept college credit
- Accepting Applications through May 20th
- Must reside in the Washington, D.C. or have access to a car to work onsite
- 5-10 hours/week with opportunity to increase for photo shoots & special events